Monday, May 28, 2012

Cars 2



This became the result of Parker's Cars 2 party. I think my son decides to pick the themes when it is not all out yet or has yet to become readily available so I get to improvise. My original plan was just to do tons of cake pops, but I quickly realized that how is that a birthday party to a four year old? Ha! You have to have a cake for them to at least blow the candles out. Needless to say, we ended up with lots o' cake pops and a regular sized cake. 

First the cake pops... actually made from the cake pop maker. My husband will say the "real" cake pops are better, which most agree with. However, when you have so many people and are looking for some way to make it easier on yourself, you get to have the cake pop maker. I used the BabyCakes Cake Pop Maker purchased at Kohl's. Flavors included chocolate and vanilla bean- boxed cake mixes. Works perfectly in the maker! The pops are covered in Wilton chocolate and vanilla melting chocolate that you can likely get at an craft store that carries cake making products. My choice was Michael's Craft store or Hobby Lobby. 

The cake! Flavors was half chocolate and half vanilla bean with buttercream frosting. My son had enough actual cars to spare so that is what decorates the top along with flag picks found at Hobby Lobby and "WGP" rings that the lovely baker at Target's bakery willingly gave me. Again, searching for specific Cars 2 decorations was no easy task at this point. hehehe. The red squares to create a checkered kind of look came from my first experience with Wilton's newer Edible Sugar Paper Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment